Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Chapters I - IV Questions

Dedication: Note the simple dedication. If you were to write a "spiritual" book, who would you dedicate it to? Why? If I were to write a "spiritual" book, I would probably have written it with a certain person in mind who I would be trying to reach through that book and who i would dedicate it to for that reason.
Chapter I: What does Lewis mean by “real life” throughout the chapter? By "real life", Lewis is talking about that which humans can actually see and touch, claim and prove to be "real".
Chapter II: What are your thoughts on church? Is it something you “do” every week? I do not think that church is an actual building that you go to every Sunday, or an actual thing that you "do" every week. There are two types of "churches" the body of believers who gather to worship and praise God together, and the church that we as humans cannot see, the eternal span of true Christians who have ever lived.
Chapter III: What are your "daily pinpricks" (Lewis, 11)? One of my "daily pinpricks" is when someone who is sitting behind me moves my chair with his/her foot or leg while adjusting the seat I am currently seated in.
Chapter III: Give an example or two of situations in which you have neglected the obvious (Lewis, 12).  Once, while working at Vacation Bible School for my church and helping out with the crafts, I noticed that one of the glue bottle caps was not completely screwed on but I failed to pay much attention to it and a little girl picked it up and held it over her head, upside-down. The resulting incident was what should have been obvious to me way before it actually happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment